- Open air terrace close to the house enjoying all day sun
- An outdoor covered dining area (formerly a 'manege') with
portable fire. Both areas are furnished.
- Beautiful gardens featuring graceful birch trees, topiary,
espaliered fruit trees and roses.
- Covered carparking for two cars.
- Aelection of adults and children's bikes are available including one with a baby seat fitted.
- Children's trampoline
- Table Tennis
- Swings and Seesaw
- Various games including French boules, hola hoops, badminton etc
The surrounding marshlands (now drained!) were
once an unexpected trap for
invading soldiers of WW1 but are now a birdwatcher's and fisherman's
paradise. Leisurely walks in the surrounding woods and fields in the
company of wild deer, pheasant and the occasional wild boar, are the order
of the day, with only a short drive to the neighbouring historic village of
Sezanne to experience the local cafes and patisseries. In the evening, back
home, eat outside under the restored "manege" (where the flour used
ground), sampling the delicious and unusual local champagnes and local
Half an hour away is the larger town of Epernay, where you can be
through the Champagne Houses or take a liesurely hour and a half train ride
from here to Paris for a days shopping or sight seeing. Other attractions
nearby include; the medieval town of Troyes, the Champagne Houses and the
famous Cathedral of Reims, Versailles, Fontainebleu, and many other ancient
villages and historic monuments discovered by just touring around. For
family entertainment Euro Disney is close by.